Winter Hair Care:Tips
Hello, beauties ~~~
Let’s continue with the Winter chapter. Today’s tips are for taking care of our beautiful hair in the winter. As winter weather becomes dry, our skin as well hair need extra care. With proper care, we can maintain our healthy, shiny and gorgeous hair.
Here are some tips ( most of are already known to you, I think) on how you can keep your hair healthy in this winter
- Even if you have a shower with hot water (which you really should not), don’t ever wash your hair with hot water. Always wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Stop using styling products that contain alcohol; switch to products that are moisturizing.
- Don’t forget your regular trims to reduce breakage of hair and get rid of parched ends.
- To protect your hair from winter wind, wear hats or slick scarves.
- Do a deep conditioning hair treatment once a week to replenish the moisture.
- Use a non-sticky hair oil onto dampened hair away from the scalp to lock in the moisture. You can choose from almond oil, jojoba oil, argan oil
- Don’t go outside with wet hair. The cold air from outside will make your hair brittle.
- Try to keep away from using heated appliances like blow dry, flat iron and curling irons. Always use the heat protecting spray before applying heat to your hair.
- Try washing your hair 2-3 times a week. Shampoo strips off the natural oil from the hair. On top of that many different chemicals in the shampoo can be harsh and drying to hair. This is why over washing makes the scalp dry which will lead to the formation of dandruff.
- Go to the bed after covering your hair with a satin of silk hair cap. This will lock in the moisture and prevent knots in hair.
- Conditioning is a must whenever you wash hair. Conditioning is critical to avoid static hair and moisturize your hair.
- To lock in moisture and bring back the shine to your hair, apply honey to all over your hair and scalp. Wear a hair cap and keep it like this for 30 minutes. This will restore shine to dry winter hair.
- Massage oil like olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, almond oil onto your hair and scalp. Better if you heat the oil up. Keep it for like 30 minutes nd then shampoo+condition as regular. These oils will moisturize and give shine to your hair.
- Use a good+effective dandruff shampoo, low high alcohol content hairspray, and other products
- Get a humidifier; a humidifier adds moisture to the air that prevents the skin and hair from drying.
I hope these tips will help you to take care of your hair. Stay warm and have fun in this winter.