Natural Makeup Remover: Coconut Oil
Hi, everyone! Happy Sunday. We are all aware that coconut oil is the “IT” product. This oil has so many astonishing properties that it has become a Holy Grail product for almost everyone.
The two things many makeup lovers do not like to do, first one is washing the makeup brushes and the second is taking off makeup from the face before sleeping. I know it can be the most tiring thing to do at the end of the day when you are already really tired. But trust me, you will regret your decision in the next morning. Various makeup removers can be found in any drugstores; you will find tonnes of high-end makeup remover as well. You can always go for makeup removing wipes when you are dying for some sleep. However, if you want to opt for something natural and good for your skin, then I highly suggest using coconut oil. Tonnes of makeup gurus suggest using coconut oil for removing makeup. Let’s see why and how.
Why use Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil removes makeup effortlessly and does not need any harsh rubbing.
- It is really gentle on skin.
- The low molecular weight of this oil makes it penetrate the skin deeper.
- It actually works better than usual makeup remover.
- This oil does not have any harsh chemical contents that will damage your skin anyhow.
- It does not irritate eyes so easy to remove eye makeup.
- This will leave your skin hydrated, smooth and softer.
- It does not cost much.
How to use:
- Firstly, take a tiny amount of coconut oil. Warm it up by rubbing your hands together.
- Gently apply the oil all over your face, eyelids and lips.
- Then, you have to massage the oil lightly so that it can penetrate into your skin and remove the makeup.
- Use your fingertips to apply a tiny bit of oil to your eyelashes and gently rub them.
- Take a washcloth soaked in warm water and remove excess oil from your face.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- While removing makeup from eyes if a little oil gets in your eye, just splash water. The oil will go away easily. It won’t hurt your eyes.
- After rinsing your face, tap your skin so that remaining oil penetrates into your skin. As coconut oil is very moisturising, your skin will look and feel hydrated.
- You can always do it for the second time if you feel the makeup has not removed properly.
You can find Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil on Amazon
I hope you will try using coconut oil as a makeup remover. If anyone has already used it, like me, please share your experience with us.