Tips for Achieving Alluring Dewy Skin without Makeup
Hi, everyone! Happy Tuesday. What does healthy skin look like to you? Poreless skin, wrinkle free skin, or hydrated skin? For me, I am all about intensely hydrated skin that looks dewy. As a dry skin person, I desire that dewiness that comes from within. Having a healthy dewy skin does not mean your makeup look has to be dewy. On the contrary, matte makeup will look more seamless on a dewy skin. You can easily layer on makeup but your skin will not dry out. And if you love dewy makeup then the dewy skin is all you need.
So today we are going to give you few tips on how to get dewy skin without the help of makeup.
- Drink water. Drinking water will not only keep you healthy but also will provide you with hydration from within. Check out stylecaster to see how a woman improved her skin by drinking water.
- Cleanse the face. Take a light, natural ingredients loaded, and moisturizing cleanser for your face.
- Skip cleansing your face in the morning. Just wash your face with water. You already cleansed your face at the night. So cleansing the face again in the morning will strip off natural oils from your face which will make your skin dry.
- Exfoliate. Do not let the dead skin ruin your skin. Try physical exfoliation twice a week. Other days opt for light exfoliation ONLY if you need. Don’t overdo the exfoliation. Like the cleanser, choose hydrating exfoliator.
- Wear sunscreen all the time. Choose such sunscreen that has hydrating agents. Reapply sunscreen after every 2 hours.
- Moisturize. Moisturizing is the crucial step. Choose a moisturizer that is packed with amazing hydrating agents like hyaluronic acid, honey, snail mucin etc.
- Use masks that are extra- hydrating. You can make your own moisturizing mask or use sheet masks.
- Give yourself a facial massage. Facial massage improves blood circulation which helps to make your skin look radiant. Check kanebo to learn Japanese facial massage.
- Whatever you apply on your skin, apply it gently with the tapping motion. Rubbing may damage your skin.
- Use oil that hydrates your skin. I try to use almond oil anyway I can as it is very hydrating to my skin. Sometimes I directly apply it on my skin after applying other skincare products. Sometimes I use it to massage my face. And sometimes I mix it with my lotion.
- Use facial mist whenever your skin feels a bit tight. Keep one in your bag when you are outside.
- Avoid any products that have alcohol in it.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
It’s easy to do a dewy makeup than achieving dewy skin. You have to do all the above things listed regularly to make your skin dewy.
Hope this helps.