“Raindrops keep falling on my head…da.da.da.da…” Isn’t rain breathtaking? I love the way it washes away all the dirt and pain from the world and then gives birth to a new world with rainbows. While sipping on your warm coffee, you can relax and watch the rain trickle down your window.Rain is one of the greatest joy Mother nature has given us.
But what about you go out getting all dolled up and then rain starts to pour down on your head. Crazy mess, isn’t it? You will be like….
Not only you get completely drenched but the makeup melts like ice-creams. Let’s not even talk about the “black tears” you shed because of non-waterproof mascara and eyeliner. That would be such mayhem.
“Black Tears” flowing from Beyoncé’s eyes
So what to do to stop this horror to happen? We can’t possibly stop rain; if you are mutant with power like Strom then it’s completely another matter!! For us, normal people, we can still fight off the rain to protect our make-up using few simple makeup tricks. I think most of you already know the best trick that is using WATERPROOF product.
Here are the five waterproof products you must have:
- Waterproof Liquid Foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturizer: These products have more staying power than powder based products. These can be easily rubbed on your skin, so it won’t wash off easily.
- Waterproof cream blush: Powder blush is not an excellent choice for the rainy day. It will wash off quickly when rain pours down. On the other hand, cream blush has long lasting power. It can be blended in effortlessly.
- Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow: High-quality cream eye shadow and the correct applying technique will make your eye makeup look perfect for a rain day.
- Waterproof eyeliner and mascara: it is the MUST product for a rainy day outing. You simply can’t go outside wearing just any mascara or liner. Buy a very good waterproof product. You don’t want to get raccoon eye, do you?
- Waterproof Lipstick: Choose a lipstick with great staying power, preferably matt.
Step by step Makeup for Rainy day:
1. Use light moisturizer and sunscreen on your face and neck
2. Put on a primer on your face. Choose the one that will give you a long-lasting result. A good primer will help to keep your foundation in place all day long.
3. Use light layers of liquid foundation/bb/cc cream. If you put on heavy layers high chance is that your makeup will melt that badly.
4. Apply concealer under the eye, on the dark spots and pimples. Don’t forget to dab a bit around the nostrils.
5. Put on cream blush on the cheek with fingers. Blend it in properly.
6. Define your brows with gel or pencil liner. Shape your eyebrows, and then use a coat of gel mascara. Gel mascara will help to keep the shape.
7. Dab some cream eyeshadow on the lid. Light colored, shimmery cream eyeshadows look best on a rainy day. But you can try any color you like.
8. Draw a tidy line with the eyeliner.
9. Cover your lashes with a lot of mascara to make your eyes pop.
10. Use matte lipstick or lip stain.
11. Finish off by spraying setting sprayer
Voila! You are now ready to look gorgeous on a rainy day.
1. Use a moisturizing face pack at night. Your skin tends to get dry on rainy days. So use a good quality face mask that is packed with hydrating contents.
2. When you put on your moisturizer, pat it on the skin. It helps the skin to absorb the products.
3. Use an excellent primer that will give a velvety base for the foundation to adhere to.
4. Light layers of your liquid foundation will be enough for a rainy day. You can go for BB and CC cream, these are the multipurpose product. These products will give a good coverage while making your face hydrated and dewy
5. I suggest skipping bronzer on a rainy day. If you can’t live without bronzing, try cream based bronzers.
6. This one is my favorite !! You can pick any creamy lipstick and use it as the cream blush. It looks fantastic on the cheek and plus, you don’t have to spend extra bucks for buying cream blush.
7. If you opt for wearing your hair down, DON’T wear lip-gloss on a rainy day. HORRIBLE! Why you ask? Because when the wind blows, some pieces of your hair will stick to your lips. GROSS!
8. Wear a good quality matt lipstick or lip stain.
9. Use subtle colors on your eyes.
10. Don’t forget to put on sunscreen. I know it is a rainy day, and The sun’s taking a day off nevertheless, the UV rays are still present to hunt you. So WEAR your sunscreen!!!
11. Use an excellent makeup remover to take your make- up off the face.
12. Use beauty blender to blend the foundation. Blended make up is always desired. If your makeup just sits on the surface, it will surely wash off. So blend, blend and blend.
13. Lastly, opt for simple, subtle and dewy look for the rainy day.
See how Gossip Girl’s star Leighton Meester is soaked in the rain but still looks fresh? Light and simple base make-up and waterproof mascara-eyeliner made this makeup look ideal for a rainy day.
Extra tips for hair:
1. Use the anti-frizz product to tame your frizz.
2. Tie up your hair! It is not easy to control your hair when the wind blows and rain pours in. Do a modern updo hairstyle that always looks beautiful. You can do chignon bun, French twist bun or ponytail. There are so many hairstyles to choose.
3. Hairstylist Adir Abergel suggests something entirely different. He says that first you should air dry your hair and make loose waves with a curling iron. Finger comb your hair and spray the “medium-hold” hair spray. When you in the rain your hair will start to frizz, this will give you the extra volume for the messy hair. Sounds super, right? I’m going to try this one out.
I listed few best waterproof products for you, check it out.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- MIST & FIX Primer
- Dior Skin Air Flash Spray Foundation
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Power Volume 24 Hour Waterproof Mascara
- DIOR Diorshow Waterproof Mascara
- Tarte Lip Surgence Matte Lip Tint
- Aqua Cream Eyeshadows
- The Face Shop Face it Water Proof BB Cream
- GLO·MINERALS PRECISION EYE PENCIL
- Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid eyeliner
Are you still afraid to go outside in the rain? Don’t be! Now, you can enjoy the rain so much that you will be singin’ in the rain!!
Love yourself, the people around you and RAIN!!~
Have fun Dearies.