Lemons for Skin Brightening
On a scorching hot day, a refreshing glass of lemonade with ice cubes is the best drink you can have. Lemon juice mixed with warm water is beneficial for health. Even, lemon peels can be used as a body scrubber. So it’s no wonder that lemon is also somehow favorable for the skin. Brightening is one of the well-known skin benefits of lemons.
When you go and stay outside every day, your skin gets slightly darkened even after slathering sunscreen. If you don’t take care of the “darkening” of skin problems, it will be harder to bring back your original complexion. Your skin will lose all the glow and start to look more dark and dull.
You can quickly solve the problem using everyday kitchen ingredients like yogurt, honey, gram flour, and of course, lemons. A few drops of lemon juice are all you need to brighten your skin complexion.
- Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties.
- It has skin-lightening components like citric and ascorbic acid.
- Lemons have antioxidants that are good for skin complexion.
How to use-
- Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly to your face. Leave it on for at least an hour and then wash your face with water.
- Mix lemon juice with yogurt. Apply on your face. Wait until the solution gets dried up and then wash off.
Mix one tsp. of lemon juice with one tsp. of honey. leave on your skin for 15 – 30 minutes, and then wash off. These solutions can be used daily.
- The first test is to see if you are allergic to lemons
- The acidic nature of lemon juice can cause pain in open wounds. Avoid the wound area.
- If your skin burns or stings, avoid using it.
- Do not go out into the sun with lemon juice on your face. It will only burn your skin more.
- lemon juice can burn or sting if it goes near the eyes or on your eyelids.
Cuccio Lemon Skin Lightening Serum ($14.95 on Amazon) and Nature’s Gate Light Switch Lemon Brightening Serum ($18.00 on Amazon) are popular serums that have lemon as one of the main ingredients along with other components.
After a long day, to revive yourself all you need is a lemon. Make a cold homemade lemonade and dab some juice on your face. You will feel relaxed and your skin will get brighter.
Thank You for reading it. Take care.