Hello, everyone! Happy New Year!!!! Welcome to Tent Girl and thank you for visiting. Today I am doing a review on MISSHA’s Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence. I have started to use this product from August 2016.
First, let’s get introduced to the brand MISSHA
Table of contents
MISSHA is a South Korean brand that manufactures skin care and cosmetics products. Missha was first officially launched as an online brand in 2000. The first official franchise was opened in 2002. The MISSHA values high-quality products that are affordable as their philosophy is “Quality should be affordable”.
- The very FIRST step to your skin care regimen. Back to the Basics, a Stepping Stone to a Healthier and New Skin.
- Contains 80% Fermented Yeast Concentrate, which absorbs into skin instantly to energize your skin. Also contains Niacinamide, a Vitamin B3 component, to improve skin elasticity, enhance skin barrier function, and revive skin tone and texture.
- DN-Aid, made from Cassia-Alata Extract, provides vitality to ageing skin, protects DNA from aging caused by UV rays, and promotes restoration of damaged DNA.
- THE FIRST TREATMENT ESSENCE improves fine lines and skin tone. The miracle water hydrates, restores, rejuvenates and gives you a glowing complexion.
MISSHA US website
“Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Bigida Ferment Lysate, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Betaine, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Pirper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Beta vulgaris (Beet) Root extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentylene Glycol, Water, Trehalose, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Raffinose, Tromethamine, Acetic Acid, Lactic Acid, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprytyl Glycol, Hexapeptide-9 Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate”
MISSHA US website
Let’s talk a little bit about the VIP ingredient “Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate”.
Saccharomyces is a genus of the microorganisms fungi that includes many single-celled organisms “ Yeasts”. You might know about the yeasts. yes, they are the same YEASTS you buy from the grocery store to leaven your bread.
Fermentation is a natural metabolic process utilised by fungi and bacteria to break down glucose. This process results in useful end products most of which are highly desirable to human beings. The yogurt, cheese, bread, soy sauce and various food products are made with the help of fermentation process. Eating fermented foods has been known to be super healthy and beneficiary to health and skin.
So what MISSHA did is, they used Yeast fermentation extracts that contains loads of end products that will help to hydrate, rejuvenate, and brighten the skin.
Features of the Product:
- Control the rhythm of your skin and experience daily improvement!
- Use the highly concentrated essential essence at the first step of skin care for clear, glowing, healthy skin.
- The mild formula was developed as a fluid type with low viscosity to increase the rate of absorption on the skin.
- Provides soothing, hydrating, brightening, and wrinkle repairing benefits.
- Contains 80% Fermented Yeast Extract, a skin-friendly ingredient with similar components to NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor). It helps improve the foundation of skin through moisturising, firming, and balancing.
MISSHA US website
How to use:
- For the first step in your daily skincare routine
- After washing your face, get appropriate amount onto cotton puff [Premium Silk-feel Cotton Puff] or hands.
- Pat lightly onto skin until completely absorbed.
- Follow with lotion, serum, eye cream, and cream.
- When using a cleansing toner, apply the toner first before the First Treatment Essence.
MISSHA US website
How I use:
I apply the product with my hands, honestly, I can’t risk losing a drop of this luxurious miracle water. I use it right after I apply my toner then I just simply pat the products onto my skin. The essence takes 25-30 seconds to completely get absorbed.
The 150 ml bottle can be purchased from Amazon at $28.98
The product comes in a heavy clear glass bottle with a classy looking silver screw cap. the whole bottle is very simple but yet sleek looking. But as I said it’s pretty heavy as they used very sturdy glass so be careful when you use it.
I love love love the scent of this product. It’s very calming, subtle and yeast-y ferment-y ( you know what I mean ) but in a pleasant way. I mean, of course, it’s a fermented product after all but the perfume is not bothersome at all.
It’s just like water. MISSHA did say it’s a “miracle water” so yeah! Even though the consistency almost the same as water, when I apply it on the skin it feels tad bit sticky not. But it’s okay, as the stickiness disappears very quickly.
My thoughts and review:
I love how the bottle is elegantly designed. I love the ferment-y smell; it’s kind of soothing. Most importantly, I absolutely love how it feels on my skin. After applying the essence on my skin, I immediately feel my skin starts to get plump and again I LOVE it. It somewhat brightens my skin tone and It definitely makes my skin soft and smoother. I still have not seen any changes on my uneven skin tone area. I don’t see any immediate extreme effect other than plumping and hydrating. I can surely say that after using it moderately a long time, it has made my skin better. It just feels super nourishing.
I still have my first bottle to finish. I will definitely repurchase a new one once I finish this bottle. Like I said, my skin just loves this essence. I hope to see a MISSHA miracle water does its miracle to even out my skin tone.
One of my sisters has acne prone and oily skin. She uses the essence as well and she didn’t have any irritation after using the essence.
- Moisturises skin
- Absorbs very well by the skin almost immediately.
- Makes skin soft
- Somewhat brightens skin
- Makes the skin plump
- Can be used both day and nighttime
- Somewhat lightened my acne scars ( please, note that I also use few other skin care products)
- I can’t find any cons except it’s a bit expensive.
Definitely, recommend it.
Thanks a lot for reading. Please let me know if you have used MISSHA’s Time Revolution Essence. I would love to know your review.