Introduction to BB Cream
BB creams are the best!
It’s been few years BB cream was first introduced to the beauty world. Since then it has taken place in many women’s hearts ( or should I say inside the beauty purse), including mine. This is 2015, you already should know what BB cream is. But if you have recently started to apply face makeup, I think you should sit down (or lie down; whichever you prefer) and read this post because it’s all about BB cream.
What is BB cream-
BB stands for blemish balm; it is a multi tasking product. It works like a beauty as well as a skincare product. BB cream was first formulated in Germany by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek for skin healing purposes especially for the patient who had gone through laser surgery. BB cream is particularly popular in South Korea.
What it does-
- Hides imperfections like sun spots and blemishes
- Offers lightweight coverage
- Evens out complexions
- Contains UV protection
- Tackles redness,
- Brightens up the skin
- Moisturizes the skin
- Soothes skin
- Contains anti-ageing ingredients
- Acts as primer
- Acts as tinted moisturizer
- Gives healthy-looking glow
- Has light-reflecting component
How to apply BB Cream-
- Take a pea-sized amount and dot on the eyelids, forehead, under eyes, nose, chin cheeks and neck .
- Use your fingers to blend well into the skin. Brush and sponge can be used as well.
WISHTrendTV showed how you can apply BB cream in 7 different ways using a brush, sponge, and, of course, your fingers.
Asian BB Cream VS Western BB cream-
BB cream is the most popular beauty item in Korea and most of the East Asia. You should note that Asian and Western BB creams are quite different. The consistency of Asian bb creams tends to be thicker than Western’s one. Asian BB creams have the whitening properties while the Western bb creams give sheer appearances, no whitening.
Some useful information-
- When using BB cream, you have to remember that it will not give you a full coverage like foundation does. If you want full coverage, you have to apply foundation. However, if you want to light coverage BB cream is the perfect product for it.
- Use a good moisture before applying BB cream especially on winter. Without moisturizer, bb cream may accumulate on your skin thus making you look duller instead of luminous.
- Prices vary depending on the brand of the BB cream. You can find BB cream like Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream, which will cost you only $5.98 or Christian Dior Hydra Life BB Creme SPF 30 which will cost $65.90.
5 Best BB creams-
- Satin Perfection BB Cream Sunscreen -$38.00 at Sephora
- Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – $37.00 at Sephora
- Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42-$13.85 at Amazon
- Garnier Skin Miracle Skin Perfector BB Daily Anti-Acne Cream $11.36 at Amazon
- Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme -$48.95 at Amazon
BB cream is great when you are late for class or job, when you just need a little lift-up when your skin just needs a tad bit of coverage. Well, now we have CC and DD cream. Has any of you used DD cream?
I will post a review on my favorite BB cream later on. Which one do you use? Let me know~