Homemade Coconut Oil and Honey Overnight Hair Mask for Dry Hair
Hi, everyone. Happy Thursday. I have been busy lately. I am so sorry for the late post. So, the Winter is gone. And it left my hair all dry. Disappointing but not surprising. I have some special event coming up, therefore I wanted to do a deep hair treatment or something to revive my hair again. This is where I turned to two of my most trusted and effective kitchen/beauty/home ingredients ever! Coconut oil and honey! God, I love these two. Let’s find out how I used coconut oil and honey hair mask to get healthy looking hair.
The treatment for winter dry rough hair is an extremely moisturizing mask. Now, you don’t have to run to a store to buy an expensive hair mask if you have coconut oil and honey in your kitchen cabinet.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- recovers dry scalp
- increases hair volume
- gives shine to the hair
- promotes hair growth
- reduces dandruff
- infiltrates the hair shaft thus provides better moisture to the hair.
Benefits of Honey
- works as a great humectant and an emollient (draws and moisture from the air)
- has anti-bacterial properties that keep the scalp healthy
- moisturizes the hair and scalp
- repair damaged hair
As you can see, this pair-coconut oil and honey- is extraordinarily moisturizing and more than perfect for rejuvenating hair.
Things you will need:
- Melted Coconut oil
- Mixing Bowl
- An old scarf to wrap your hair
- Mix the melted coconut oil with honey
- Apply it to your dry hair from the top to bottom
- Massage the mixture into your scalp.
- Make a hair bun
- Wrap your hair with your old scarf
- And sleep!
- Next morning, shampoo your hair as usual ( if you prefer you can use conditioner as well)
After drying hair, you will immediately see how soft, shiny and healthy your hair looks.
- The amount of coconut oil and honey you will need depend on your hair amount, thickness, and intensity of damages. If you have thick hair or highly damaged hair, use more coconut oil and honey mixture.
I am super satisfied with the result. I can’t stop touching my hair ( 😀 ). It feels super soft and looks shiny. I am definitely going to use this mask again next week. I highly recommend this mask if you have dry hair or if your hair is damaged from using heat tools.
Let me know how it works for you.