Make your hair healthy with rice water
Hi, everyone. How are you all doing? Today we are going to talk about how you can use rice water for hair. So let’s get started.
Table of contents
What is Rice Water:
Simply, rice water is the water you use to wash the rice. After washing rice instead of dumping the water it is used for skin care, hair care and even for health care. Many sources report that Ancient Asian people have been using this magical water for like more than hundreds of years.
What it does for hair:
- Rice water makes hair healthy
- The inositol molecules repair damaged hair
- The rice proteins strengthen hair and make it shiny
- This water makes hair soft
- It stimulates hair growth
- Makes the scalp healthy
How to make rice water:
- 1 cup of Rice of any kind
- Take you 1 cup of Rice
- Wash the rice well to remove any dirt.
- Take the rice in a bowl
- Put 2 cup water in the bowl
- Keep it like this for 30-60 minutes.
- If you want to use fermented rice water, then keep the water like this for 2 days. After two days, heat the water a bit to kill the microbes that are fermenting the water. Then use the water.
- The water will become cloudy and white
- Take the water in another bowl
How to use it:
You can either use it as a mask with other ingredients or as a rinse or even as a conditioner.
- For making a mask, use the water itself or mix with other ingredients and rub it on the scalp. Keep it for 20-30 minutes and the shampoo as usual.
- For doing a rice water rinse, simply pour the water on your hair after shampooing.
- For a conditioner, the onegoodthingbyjillee blog shared this amazing recipe. The blog suggested using essential oils like lavender, rosemary or whichever you want with the rice water. Take the mixture and apply it on your hair. After ten minutes, wash the conditioner off with cold water. Cool, right?
You can watch these two videos on how to use rice water for hair care.
I hope this helps.