DIY: Foot Spa
I know most of us girls go crazy when we spot a stylish, gorgeous pair of shoes. Since the moment we see it, we know we want it to adorn our feet. But is a beautiful pair of shoes all our feet need? Our feet are as precious as our face or hands. It needs the same love we give to other parts of the body. They endure the penalties of wearing a high heel, kill heel, narrow shoes for the sake of fashion. At the end of a hard day, our feet get sore, bruised and tired from standing or walking or running. Our feet need special treatment to be in pristine condition. Foot spa is the best way to indulge and relax our feet.
Now, not all of us have the time to go to a spa or parlor. But we can still pamper our feet by making a DIY foot spa.
These are the materials you will need to set up a foot spa
- Nail polish remover
- Nail cutter and nail filler
- A tub
- Lukewarm water
- Foot wash/shampoo
- Essential Soothing Oil- Peppermint, lavender
- Epsom salts or Baking powder
- Cuticle cream and pusher
- Exfoliator/ Foot scrubber and pumice stone
- Foot cream or any moisturizing cream.
- First remove the nail polish with nail polish remover if you are wearing any.
- Trim the long nails and apply a cuticle cream to soften the skins. Very gently push back the cuticles with the cuticle pusher.
- Fill a tub with lukewarm water. Add Epsom salt, baking soda in it.These two will remove excess dead skin and dirt. Add peppermint / lavender/ essential lemon oil to revive the feet. Make lather by adding foot wash or shampoo.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes. You can wait until the water gets cold
- Once your foot has softened from the warm foot soak, using a brush clean the heels, side of the nail, between the toes and the sole.
- Rub your heels, ankles, and feet with a pumice stone and then use any exfoliator to remove dead skin from the heels and the pads under toes. Exfoliate smoothly in circular motions for 5-6 minutes and wash off.
- Massage your feet using the right amount of pressure for at least 10 minutes. Use any rich foot cream, moisturizing cream or oils to massage the feet.
Do this DIY foot spa once every week for a pampered pair of feet. It is best to do it at night as the feet will get the chance to absorb all the goodies overnight.
Extra tip: For extra relaxation, lit aromatic candles and play soothing music before soaking your feet in the water.
Try this DIY foot recipe and if you have any personal tips please do share.