Black Shark 4 Pro review: A decent budget gaming phone
The weight of Xiaomi Black Shark 4 is about 7.76 oz with battery, which is average compared to most of the smartphones with same size. The dimensions of this Xiaomi phone are average (6.45 x 3.01 x 0.39 inches). The smartphone works on Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm).
To avoid this problem, you must charge Xiaomi Black Shark 4 correctly. The base Black Shark 4 variant with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage will retail at RMB 2,499 (US$383). Similarly, the Black Shark 4 Pro with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage costs RMB 3,999 (US$613). The phones will be available for pre-order in China starting March 26. Black Shark has also launched two new accessories alongside the smartphones; a cooling dock called the Black Shark FunCooler 2 Pro and a pair of wired headphones, for some reason.
The Black Shark 4 and 4 Pro were officially unveiled at an online event on 23 March. Both phones went on sale in China from 26 March, but we’ve had to wait a bit longer for it for a global launch. Black Shark 4 has motorized shoulder buttons that retract into the frame when not needed. Every smart device now requires you to agree to a series of terms and conditions before you can use it — contracts that no one actually reads. It’s impossible for us to read and stock ROMs analyze every single one of these agreements.
- If you’re going to put out a gaming phone, then you have to make sure it scores high in terms of performance.
- Firstly, the battery will wear out, requiring you to charge it several times a day.
- Both the Black Shark 4 and 4 Pro have 8Mp wide-angle and 5Mp macro cameras on the back, but that’s about where the similarities end.
- The Black Shark 4 Pro has a 6.67 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels Super AMOLED display with a pixel density of 395 ppi.
- And, at this point, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 within the S22 series outpaces the Snapdragon 888 that’s in the 4 Pro.
- In it, there are toggles that let you take advantage of this phone’s many impressive specs, like its 720Hz touch sampling rate, or a “Ludicrous Mode,” that pushes the specs to their limit.
To do so, you start the game and then swipe from the top right corner for a pull-down settings menu. Frankly, these triggers are awesome in competitive games, such as mobile shooter Call of Duty. It’s so much better to shoot or aim down sights using the triggers compared to tapping the screen. Besides gaming, you can also set the triggers to activate a phone function, like the flash light, as well as to open a specific app. In short, these triggers are perfect if you like having more buttons on your phone.